Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Dept. "Show me yours and I show you mine"

venharris wrote:
>I'm sorry,but it seems I have none of the scores you requested...Yet my collection is around 16 000 scores...

Wow, venharris,
I'm impressed and would very much like to see a list of your collection !
If I count in everything I have I have probably 20.000 things, but perhaps half of them are duplicates. I started in 1971 with LPs, then of course switched to CDs (and CDRs) (where I of course bought or burned everything again to have it in better quality) and nowadays only collect MP3 (everything again...). They are easier to handle and I can listen to a certain track or score much faster than putting a CD in or LP on. I programmed my Access database that it can read all the files on my hard drive and I can select and open a single track within seconds.

Some years ago I bought an LP collection (3.000 film music LPs): half of them were duplicates, but there were some rare Italian scores among them: I sold about 40 rare Italian LPs for the price I paid for the whole 3.000-collection. Best deal of my life !

I wish I had everything I have as MP3, theree are still some thousand records I have which I have never seen on the net. I'm to lazy myself to convert them myself, it takes time enough to download everything there is already.

Concerning my want list, I'm not so astonished that no-one seems to have anything from it: for the normal collector Hans Zimmer does not fit with Lorne Greene, and the scores I'm searching are really scarce. They pop up sometimes on ebay, but I don't follow ebay since I started reading music blogs. I've added Walter Scharf, Paul J. Smith and Sam Spence to my want list, perhaps anyone has something by them ?

4 Comments:

Blogger venharis said...

I'm very happy that you refered to me,but my goal isn't to have the biggest collection.There is no competition,of course.I would be happy to let you see my titles collection,but I archived it on an excel file...I would be very happy to share it with you.
Happy new year !!!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Omega said...

Hi venharis,

could you perhaps send me this Excel file to jordan69@arcor.de ?

The header of my posting was meant ironically. My goal is more or less having listened to everything, at least to the main title. But with this goal a large collection comes automatically.

If someone has more than me, I'm actually delighted, because that is someone with whom I communicate even better because of the experience of collecting and listening.

Hope to here from you soon !

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey venharis, i wouldnt mind takeing a look at your list as well if that is ok...i Can send you mine as well if you wish.....thescore_pionking@hotmail.com is my email, if you dont mind sending your list along that would cool and if you send me your email address i can pass you (both) mine..

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So basically you like to collect MP3s because you don't have to PAY for them, right? Wow, what a way to support the music we all love.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home