Monday, December 25, 2006

Who wants to exchange some scores ?


By now I have collected 6.908 complete records (most of them film music) on mp3.
90 % of them I got since February (when I disvored the wide world of music blogs), so I invested loooong hours of work to get all of them. But still some of the ones I like to have are missing.
But perhaps you have one or even more of them ? So I thought I upload a list of my collection and offer you to trade scores on a 1:2 basis. So if you have 1 record I search, you get 2 from my list (I will upload them at Rapidshare and send you the link).
In case you have something, please don't use Sendspace as this service doesn't work in Germany. You can contact me through the comment section of this post.
Here are some of the records I'm missing (I think I will update this list the next days as other titles come to my mind):
(various): The Bonanza box from Bear Family (4 CDs)
(various): country and western records of the 50ies that have only heroic western songs (like the "Daniel Boone" LP by Fess Parker I already have)
Delerue, Georges: A TV rip of Sobibor
Fielding, Jerry: everything that is not in my list, especially records of the 50ies where he is just bandleader
Gilkyson, Terry: every record that has just music by Terry Gilkyson (also the ones with his band)
Gould, Morton: Windjammer (LP)
Greene, Lorne: every record by Lorne Greene, especially one with "Waco"
Jarre, Maurice: every unreleased film music except "Shogun"
Jones, Stan: every LP that has only music by Stan Jones
Kilar, Wojciech: September Symphony (available on CD in Poland)
Laine, Frankie: The four LPs which John Williams conducted (CD reissues also welcome)
Morricone, Ennio: The Hills Run Red (Poo LP)
Scharf, Walter: all LPs that I don't have already
Schifrin, Lalo: El Jefe (EP)
Schifrin, Lalo: every jazz record that was only issued in the 50ies in Argentina
Schifrin, Lalo: every unreleased film music (except the ones already in my list like "Black Moon Rising")
Schifrin, Lalo: Grabado en vivo - Lalo Schifrin Live in Buenos Aires (LP)
Schifrin, Lalo: Harry in Your Pocket (a bootleg is rumored to exist)
Smith, Paul J.: every record that was every released
Spence, Sam: every record that was ever released
Williams, John: His early records where he is bandleader (like "Rhythm in Motion") - no vocal records except the Frankie Laine ones!
Zimmer, Hans: stay away with all this crap, I have lots of it already :)

I know that these are all tough ones, but in addition to the mp3s I have also a huge number of CDs and LPs, so it lies in the nature of things that I'm only in search of the really hard to get.
And here's the list with my collection (you can download it or go in the comment of my next post where all of them are listed):
http://rapidshare.com/files/8909539/Scores_2006_12_25.rar.html

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What sites do you visit to get these soundtracks? If you don't mind sharing.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Omega said...

Hi Steve,

many thanks for the compliment, but I don't know any "secret" sites or whatever.

It's just that I spend a lot of time looking at (I hope) ALL film music sites. Got to "You Don't have to visit", he has a large section of all the links.

I visit all these blogs several times a week and download nearly EVERYTHING immediately.

A lot of stuff I got from the three now defunct film music boards, where the users (many thanks to all of them) posted about 20 scores each day.

So it's no inspiration, just transpiration.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I have this one in my collection:
Morricone, Ennio: The Hills Run Red (Poo LP)

...

Soundtracklover

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a lot of what you are looking for..

Contact me over men messenger 'thescore_pionking@hotmail.com' and i will send you my list (about 7,500 listed) out of 10,000 scores

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just leave a comment on my blog if you want Morricone, Ennio: The Hills Run Red (Poo LP)

soundtracklover

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have maaaannnyy early Williams, so the best thing is you contact me per Email...

Here's my Williams List:
1956 - Modern Jazz Galery
1956 - Remembering
1956 - The John Towner Touch (contains his earliest recording)
1957 - Wagon Train
1957 - M Squad
1957 - World on a String (John Williams' Tracks only)
1958 - Johnny Desmond - Son Nice (vocal)
1961 - Rythm in Motion
1961 - Alcoa Premiere Theatre (Theme only)
1962 - The Wide Country (Theme)
1963 - Diamond Head
1965 - John Goldfarb, Please come Home (JW's worst score)
1967 - Heidi
1967 - Valley of the Dolls

my email is:
datatronic1@web.de

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home